Monday, September 29, 2014

Counting down the days

Gypsy Madness

The days are racing along and I know it will be no time at all before I find myself at the doorway of the Blue Moon Gypsy Tea Room. The tented ceiling with its array of color will billow and welcome me.  The scent of clean hay and the thought of the Turkish coffee that will soon be in hand lets me know I am home.

The tables will be set, the cushions fluffed, the waft of incense drifting lazily through the long room that becomes our Vitsa's life for the next eight weeks, beckons. Laughter follows naturally and stories of the past twelve months, when last we were all gathered beneath the same roof get shared.

Walls need to be adorned, the chests aligned, and tables need to be repaired. There is the large new table that needs a good addressing of sandpaper and oil; elbow grease to the rescue! The "kitchen" needs some attention, a bit of shifting about to accommodate the planned layout after the new pony walls are erected.

The ugly chairs need some new camouflage, and some cush for the tush. A new shelf or two, perhaps, and the front counter needs a bit of attention, about 6 or 8 inches I'd estimate. The new chair for the hostess with the mostess needs some panache. 

It's coming together, at least in my head, no need to worry or stress. Not going to do it, not this year. I believe that the Faeries and Dragons will be about, playing in the streets and I expect a scolding or two for taking so long to get back here. It's grand to be loved.

Pictures will be coming this week to share in the transformation, but right now, it's utter chaos.

Baksheesh!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your place! Just let me know when I can come with you. Loves & huggles

    ReplyDelete